Kish Island - Iran Adventure

I left Dubai on September 19, 2007 to change my visa since my previous visit visa was about to expire. Unfortunately, my working visa is still under processing so I have to get out of the country whether I like it or not. Going back to the Philippines is an expensive option, so I have to find a nearer place for practical reasons.

I had no other choice but to go to Kish. Kish is a small Island which is part of Iran. It has a population of about 150,000. It is about 30-40 minutes from Dubai by plane. The only airline and the flag carrier of the Island is Kish Airline which most of the planes are Fokker 50. Imagine taking off with such a small plane, again, I had no other choice.

I arrived at Kish Island at around 2:30 Dubai time. I immediately checked in to Farabi hotel, a small motel in the Island. Immediately after I entered the room, I slept due to stress. I was waiting for my visa then but it did not come, but it was just fine since it was my first day. I had to wait... yes I had to...

The day after, I woke up around 9:30 in the morning, took a bath and ate my breakfast. It was not an enticing breakfast, it was a piece of bread, butter and tea.

After breakfast, I went to venus mall to connect with the internet, check my mails and reply to important messages. After two hours, I received a SMS from my colleague saying that my visa is ready and was already sent thru my email. I was happy then, that means I can go back to Dubai.

I immediately went to the ticketing office to book the earliest flight to Dubai, unfortunately, due to lack of seats, I was booked on Saturday, September 22, 2007. I wasnt happy then but have decided to enjoy and make the most of my stay in the Island, after all this might be my last Kish Adventure.

So, i had availed of the two hour Kish Island Tour and visited the following tourist spots in the Island.
Kish Reservoir


The Green Park


The Greek Ship


Penguin Park




At the Penguin Park in Solitude


The Underground City


Kish Reservoir


A 360-year old Wishing Tree


The Undergound City


The Undergound City


The Undergound City


The Undergound City


Inside The Undergound City


Inside The Undergound City


Inside The Undergound City


Sunset at Kish Island


The Greek Ship - circa 1966


The Greek Ship - circa 1966


A night at the Penguin Park


A night at the Penguin Park


The Green Park - Home of the 360-year old Wishing Tree







Monica - Angel Of Mine

Comments